Sept. 18 | Pittsburgh
If you have the desire and dedication to build a sustainable, well-paying career, join us at the UPMC Mercy & Builder’s Guild of WPA Career Event to learn more about the opportunities available at UPMC Mercy and in union construction.Learn more
September 18, 2018 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
385 Elmore Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
There’s no need to register for this career event. Walk-ins are welcome!
What You’ll Need
Bring proof of your high school graduation or GED. If you have yet to earn your GED, we welcome you to attend and learn more about these opportunities. Agencies will be present that can assist with GED, driver’s training and licensing, transportation needs, and criminal record expungement.
Opportunities with Laborers Local Union 373
Projects include the construction of residential and commercial buildings. Work performed may include:
- building scaffolds
- preparing and cleaning up a job site
- laying pipe
- placing concrete
- flagging and controlling traffic
Successful applicants will receive free training covering OSHA 10 safety, CPR, first aid, and more.
To be considered for these positions applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Maintain a drug free lifestyle. This includes a free qualifying drug test the day of these events, administered by Mobil Medical, and on-going and routine drug-testing including a drug screening before beginning work on any project.
A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is preferred and will be necessary long-term, but it is not necessary to work on this project if you can use public transportation.
Other Trades attending the career event include Bricklayers and Allied Crafts, Painters and Allied Trades, and Roofers.
Opportunities at UPMC Mercy
UPMC offers a variety of opportunities from the entry to senior level, including clinical and non-clinical roles. From customer service and administrative to nursing and patient care support, UPMC is a place where everyone can make a difference. Join us and be a part of ground-breaking discoveries, excellence in patient care, and Life Changing Medicine.
To be considered for positions with UPMC, applicants must:
- Meet all requirements listed in the job posting.
- Submit an online application.
- Complete the UPMC Values Assessment.
- Participate in and pass a pre-boarding health screening.