Did you know that UPMC has over 14,000 nurses on our team? UPMC nurses are advocates, leaders, innovators, educators, life-long learners, and mentors, and we couldn’t do what we do without them! We rounded up ten of our favorite quotes about nursing, and are dedicating this post to all the compassionate and talented nurses on our UPMC team!
Feeling inspired to become a nurse at UPMC? Learn more about the nursing careers at UPMC.
10 Inspiring Quotes that Describe UPMC Nurses
1. “Nurse: just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone.”
2. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring; all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” — Leo Buscaglia
3. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” —William Shakespeare
4. “It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.” —Mother Teresa
5. “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.” – Val Saintsbury
7. “When you’re a nurse you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.” – Unknown
8. “To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can, in spite of all we go through; is to be a nurse.” – Rawsi Williams
9. “Care for one, that’s love. Care for hundreds, that’s nursing…Save one life and you’re a hero, save one hundred lives and you’re a nurse.” – Unknown
10. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” — Mahatma Ghandi
Share this post with a nurse in your life, or explore nursing careers at UPMC for yourself on our UPMC Careers website.